Unknown Power

Unknown Power

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Superheroes vs. Supergross





As I perused the comic book section at the local book store, it suddenly hit me.

Page after page of comic books are filled with sensual situations and over the top scanty super suits. Language flies around like Superman. And darkness pervades.

As I saw this, I realized the complete need there is for true heroes. I know that not all comic books are like this but a lot are. We heroes that are symbols of integrity, courage, truth, and goodness. Heroes that fight evil and don't become the evil. Heroes that don't rely on charisma to make them look good. I love Superman, Captain America, Green Lantern, and a ton of others. But the way they are shown in different interpretations really depends on the writers and sometimes it doesn't go over so well.

Our culture is fascinated with the "anti-hero". And I must admit, it does have it own set of charms, that being said, our next generation is soaking up the "anti-heroes" as if they were real heroes. They look up to them just as much as the Baby Boomers aspired to be like Superman and Captain America.



                                          
                  Our society has largely forgotten what heroes are.



All I'm saying is that, our society needs more real heroes. Heroes who are more than just heroes in name. And I couldn't be more excited to realize even more the need for stories like mine . . . like Futurity.




Please be a hero to the people around you, by the way you act, talk, and do things.

Be the Hero next door.

Be an ordinary Legend.








  



No comments:

Post a Comment