Unknown Power

Unknown Power

Friday, April 18, 2014

The Moon

  I just thought I would post a excerpt of a book idea I had. It's short and sure it's a rough draft but I enjoyed writing it. I have no idea where to go from here but I thought it would be enjoyable to let others read it. Please feel free comment:




                                                                    THE MOON






  The Moon. That is the first thing I see. The pale orbs light fills my soul with a solemn wistful warmth.
  I'm lying on my back, on hard ground. Cold air whips around me with soft sighs.
Where am I? I sit up and look around. Tall black pines surround me on every side. The trees filter the light of the moon into beams.
  My mind starts to spin. How did I get here?
  Silence surrounds me like a shroud. The loneliness of the forest gnawed at my being and the darkness grips my throat in fear. Who am I?
  I sit up . . . and gasp. All my senses  are heightened, well, I can't remember anything different. But maybe I do; I just don't know.
  The wind is cold. I don't feel its bite, even though I'm naked except for a brown cloth that hangs from my hips down to to just above my knees. 
  Dry snow crunches under me as I stand up on bare feet and gingerly take a step. It isn't cold to my skin. I look down at my feet confused. I shrug. It doesn't hurt and that's all that matters, I guess.
  I stop, listening to the night air. I can hear human laughter far away among the pines. One man's voice is uniquely deep.
  Then I hear the deep chested growl behind me. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment